ABOUT ANITA NIEGSCH
Anita Niegsch at Atelier
- Born 1958 in Wellingborough, England
- Bachelor of Commerce with Economics, Statistics and Accounts
- Living in Germany since 2006
- Private studies in Encaustic art
- Trained under Talal Refit from 2009 to 2011
- Trained under Uwe Müller at Kunstwerk, Wilhelmshaven from 2011 - 2017
- Member of the Atelier "Kunstwerk" (Ateliergemeinschaft) of artist "Uwe Müller" since 2011 - 2018
- Academy of Realistic Art, Edinburgh - Old masters study 2017
- Atelier Anita Niegsch, Jever - 2018
In 2009, I began oil painting under Talal Refit in Lingen and continued under Uwe Müller (student of Henry Moore, who sadly passed away in 2019) at Kunstwerk in Wilhelmshaven, Germany. Somewhere along the road, I started experimenting with Encaustic and self-taught the wonderful medium of this ancient art, dating back between 1st - 3rd century. Today, for painting I alternate between encaustic on wood panels and oils on canvas. Nature, simplicity, innocent lives, tradition and various cultures inspires me. My paintings depict my travel impressions, photographs and experiences. Be it geometric abstracts, detailed classic oils, luminous Encaustics or funky brush strokes - they all project and express my inner self.
ABOUT ME - 25 years of fast-paced London based travel industry work commitments took me world-wide. Many a times, I found myself drooling over masterpieces in museums or sitting on the floor chatting with local artists in far flung places, appreciating art and its unique techniques. Now, I live a laid back lifestyle in the small town of Schortens - Friesland, North Germany, which is set near unique small villages, century old inlets & dykes - not far away from the beautiful UNESCO protected North Sea (Friesland) Islands. Time and peaceful surroundings help me create my paintings at Atelier Anita Niegsch, Jever, Germany.
I invite you to take a journey with me, through my paintings and hope you share, appreciate & enjoy the artwork, for I surely have enjoyed planning, detailing and painting each and every brushstroke making these paintings with much care and dedication among green calm surroundings.